GW community members can gain access to campus spaces by uploading proof of vaccination, getting a return to campus test and following a regular biweekly testing protocol. The limited number of students, faculty and staff who have been granted vaccine exemptions will need also need a return to campus test and will need to adhere to a weekly testing protocol.
In order to access campus spaces, students, faculty and staff need to follow a series of steps:
- Upload completed vaccination documentation to the medical portal
- Once uploaded, it can take up to a week to be verified.
- Get your return to campus COVID-19 test
- Appointments must be scheduled through the medical portal.
- It can take up to two hours from your appointment time to reactivate or activate your GWorld card.
- Continue regular testing
- If you are fully vaccinated, you need to test monthly.
- If you have an exemption and are not vaccinated, you need to test weekly and monitor your symptoms daily.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or you need to travel, you just need to make an additional appointment and get tested.
- If you are going to miss your regularly scheduled test, you can always test early and restart the testing cadence.
- If you have a COVID exposure, you may be asked to quarantine.
Typical Reasons Why Your GWorld Card is Not Working
Are you compliant? Have you:
- Uploaded your documentation?
- Taken your initial test?
- Kept up on your testing schedule?
- Still have a quarantine or isolation hold?
Are you trying to access a building you should have permission to access and have already completed campus access steps?
- Check with your supervisor/dean/professor if you are supposed to have access.
- Did your office relocate during the pandemic? Make sure your supervisor has let GWorld know to change your permissions.
- Trying to access a building you have had previous access to? Was this building open to the public, you might not have been given official access.
Where You Can Go for Help
Submit a ticket through the Campus Covid Assistance Portal for assistance related to on-site access to campus facilities.
If you experience issues with scheduling a test, email the Public Health Lab at [email protected].
To check if you are in compliance, log into the medical portal and view “Medical Clearances.” Your status will be marked “Compliant” with a green check mark if your documentation has been verified and approved. If you still need assistance, email the Campus COVID-19 Support Team at [email protected].