Dear GW Community Members,
As a follow-up to yesterday’s announcement that all in-person social gatherings and events are cancelled, we write to share some important updates with you.
We want to emphasize that the university is open and operating. Because of the significant increase in positive COVID-19 cases on our campuses, we are making several adjustments to our operations from December 17 - 23. These adjustments and updates include the following:
- University offices will remain open to meet the needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Hybrid employees should report to work virtually unless directed otherwise by their supervisor. In-person and designated on-site employees should check with their supervisors for guidance on reporting to campus.
- All campus facilities will be closed to the public. Visitors to campus will be limited to those supporting essential functions.
- GW’s COVID-19 testing centers will remain open with normal hours of operation.
- GW basketball games scheduled for next week will take place without ticketed fans.
- Other updates to campus services and facilities and previous updates are available online.
We urge everyone to take the following precautions:
At this time, we have not made any changes regarding the spring semester. We continue to monitor the COVID-19 transmission among our community members and the region and will provide additional updates to you. We appreciate your flexibility with
these changes, which are necessary to continue operations and proactively protect our GW community.
Thomas J. LeBlanc
Christopher Alan Bracey
Interim Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
M.L. “Cissy” Petty
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
Interim Vice President and Chief People Officer
Ray Lucas, M.D.