To: Members of the GW Community
In an effort to provide the GW community with more flexibility and options to meet the university’s COVID-19 testing requirements, we are expanding the number of test appointments and offering the following enhancements:
- More asymptomatic COVID-19 test appointments
- A new standby line for asymptomatic tests at the Foggy Bottom Campus
- Acceptance of external PCR COVID-19 tests
- Increased availability of symptomatic testing
Please read below for additional information.
Increased Asymptomatic COVID-19 Test Appointments
Foggy Bottom Campus
Appointments at the Foggy Bottom test center have increased to 2,600 appointments each day. During peak hours, we can accommodate 75 people every 15 minutes. Please only book one appointment for your test date so appointments are available to others. If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel or modify your appointment by following the steps below:
- Log into the medical portal.
- Click on “Appointments” and find the scheduled appointment you would like to cancel under the “Currently scheduled appointments” heading.
- Click the "Cancel Appointment" link.
- Verify in the Date/Time field that you selected the appointment date and time you want to cancel. You must select a reason for the cancellation using the drop down selections.
- Click "OK," and you will return to the Appointments page for further scheduling activity.
Virginia Science and Technology Campus
A second day of testing will be added to the VSTC schedule soon. Appointments will be available in the medical portal.
The number of test appointments at the Arlington, Alexandria and Rockville centers have doubled.
To make an appointment for a COVID-19 test through GW, log into the medical portal. You may make an appointment at any GW test center regardless of your primary campus location.
Standby Line for Asymptomatic Tests at Foggy Bottom
A new standby line is available at the Foggy Bottom asymptomatic testing trailer for individuals who have an immediate, urgent campus access need and are experiencing issues with making an asymptomatic test appointment. The standby line is not a replacement to making an appointment. If you access the standby line, please be prepared to wait longer than you normally would for a routine surveillance test.
External PCR COVID-19 Tests Now Accepted
Effective today, external PCR COVID-19 tests will be accepted in lieu of getting tested on campus. This option provides flexibility for those who prefer to test elsewhere at their own expense, or if they are also participating in required testing elsewhere. External testing is not reimbursable.
The COVID-19 test must be a PCR test and the lab must be CLIA-certified (the lab’s CLIA certified number should appear on the test results). Antigen tests are not accepted. Please ensure your full name appears on the results. Please note that external tests should be submitted no later than two days before your test due date, as takes one to two days to process. Tests submitted over the weekend will not be processed until Monday.
To upload your results to the medical portal, please follow these instructions:
- Log into the medical portal.
- Navigate to “Messages” and click “New Message.”
- Select your affiliation and click “Continue.”
- In the “Compose New Secure Message” screen, enter the subject line “COVID-19 External Test Results” and use the “Add Attachments” button to upload your file. You may upload a picture or a PDF file.
- Click “Send” to submit your results.
Coming Soon: Increased Availability of Symptomatic Testing
Symptomatic testing availability at the Colonial Health Center will be expanding to include weekend hours. Additional details are forthcoming.
For more information on GW's COVID-19 testing requirement and answers to Frequently Asked Questions, visit the Onward website.