To: Members of the GW Community
The university continually reviews and updates its COVID-19 protocols to help keep our community healthy and safe. With this in mind, we are writing to share new procedures for all campus visitors. We will require that all visitors attest that they are vaccinated, or if they are unvaccinated, attest that they have received a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their visit to campus.
Beginning Monday, September 27, the university will require all visitors coming to campus for tours, meetings, activities and university events to follow the protocol below:
- Register with the university at go.gwu.edu/visitor.
- Complete a COVID-19 symptom screening form.
- Attest that they are vaccinated. If visitors are unvaccinated, they need to attest that they have received a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their visit to campus.
- Following completion of the form, visitors will receive a registration confirmation to the email address provided.
- Provide a copy of the registration confirmation to their campus host upon arrival.
If visitors are unvaccinated, they will need to arrange testing on their own before visiting campus. Visitors are not eligible for COVID-19 testing at GW’s test centers. If a visitor is unable to present an approved registration form, they are not permitted to access university facilities. Guests who are visiting spaces open to the public, such as dining areas, will not be subject to these procedures. GW’s residence halls continue to operate with a no outside guest policy.
These new visitor requirements are intended as a phased approach for addressing regular visitors to campus throughout the year. Please note that large-scale events may require proof of a COVID-19 vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test result upon entrance. Registrants for Centuries Celebration Weekend and Commencement on the National Mall will receive specific instructions on visitor requirements.