As we continue to work to protect the health and safety of our community, we would like to notify you of an important update regarding GW’s vaccine requirement for the Spring 2022 semester.
All students who plan to take at least one on-campus, in-person class on any of GW’s campuses in Spring 2022 must demonstrate compliance with GW’s vaccine requirement through the medical portal before they are permitted to register for these classes. Compliance with the vaccine requirement is fulfilled either by providing proof of full vaccination or being approved for a medical or religious exemption.
Students who are not currently compliant with the vaccine requirement need to upload vaccination documentation or be approved for a medical or religious exemption before they can register for in-person classes.
No further action is necessary to register for Spring 2022 classes if you are a student who:
- Took at least one in-person class in Fall 2021 and/or already are compliant with GW’s vaccine requirement.
- Plans to take classes entirely remotely in the spring. You do not need to comply with the vaccine requirement in order to register for online classes.
Vaccine compliance will be enforced prior to registration for on-campus, in-person classes. Any student who is non-compliant and tries to register for an on-campus, in-person class will be unable to do so.
How to verify your compliance or become compliant:
- Upload Vaccine Documentation: Once you are fully vaccinated, upload your information to the medical portal. Instructions are available here.
- Check Verification Status: Log into the medical portal and view “Medical Clearances.” Your status will be marked “Compliant” with a green check mark if your documentation has been verified and approved.
- Request an Exemption: If you wish to request an exemption for medical or religious reasons, follow these steps.
Please note that once your vaccine documentation is uploaded in the medical portal or you submit a request for a medical or religious exemption, the Colonial Health Center will review your documentation. This is a manual process, and it may take up to a week for your record to be updated, so we encourage you to submit your documentation as soon as possible to ensure timely registration. Please check your medical portal regularly to monitor your compliance status. Once your portal shows a “Cleared” status, your Banner record will be updated and you will be permitted to register for on-campus classes beginning the next business day.
Thank you for your continued cooperation with GW’s important health and safety measures.
The Office of the Registrar